Friday 12th February 6pm - Sunday 14th February 1.30pm
Online via Zoom
‘The rainbow of compassion arises when the sun rays of kindness touch upon the tears of suffering.’
– Tibetan saying.
This Teacher’s Retreat will explore the embodiment of the qualities of kindness and compassion. The theme of this year’s retreat is how to nurture these qualities for ourselves and others and how to integrate them into our teaching. There will be a mixture of practicing in silence, guided exercises and sometimes specific themes will be explored in an interpersonal way through zoom breakout rooms.
Frits Koster has practiced vipassana meditation since 1979. He was a Buddhist monk for six years in the 80’s. Since then, he and his colleague Erik van den Brink, developed a follow up programme to mindfulness based training (e.g. MBSR, MBCT, Breathworks or equivalent).
This programme is called Mindfulness-Based Compassionate Living (MBCL). Frits and Erik teach Teacher Training Programmes on MBCL throughout Europe and wrote several books on MBCL.
All qualified* teachers and teachers in training are welcome. You do not need to be currently teaching to join this teachers retreat. Here is a list of accredited teacher training institutes.
- MSc Mindfulness Based Interventions. University College Dublin, Ireland (UCD)
- MSc Mindfulness Based Wellbeing, University College Cork (UCC)
- The Mindfulness Centre for Professional Training Ireland, Dublin
- The Centre for Mindfulness in Medicine Healthcare and Society – University of Massachusetts Medical School, USA
- The Centre for Mindfulness Practice and Research, Bangor University, Wales
- Institute for Mindfulness Based Approaches (IMA)