The MTAI recognizes teachers who have successfully qualified with the following training institutions;
- MSc Mindfulness Based Interventions. University College Dublin, Ireland (UCD)
- The Mindfulness Centre for Professional Training Ireland, Dublin
- The Centre for Mindfulness in Medicine Healthcare and Society – University of Massachusetts Medical School, USA
- The Centre for Mindfulness Practice and Research, Bangor University, Wales
- Institute for Mindfulness Based Approaches (IMA)
Applications for membership will also be considered from teachers who have not graduated from one of the recognized training programmes but can demonstrate equivalency to the training standards of the MTAI, or have developed a significant experience delivering MBSR and / or MBCT programmes over a number of years.
Please see here the training standards for programmes.