Main Object of MTAI
The main object of MTAI is to promote and safeguard standards of best practice in the delivery of evidence based Mindfulness Based Interventions (MBIs), including Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) courses in Ireland, and to foster the growth of the community of mindfulness teachers in their personal and professional development and practice.
Subsidiary Objects of MTAI
- To support and protect the integrity of the teaching and the advancement of education of teachers and trainee teachers of evidence based MBIs e.g. MBSR and MBCT in Ireland.
- To promote the profession of the teaching of evidence based MBIs.
- To develop a Code of Ethics, Good Practice Guidelines and professional standards and good practice in the teaching of evidence based MBIs
- To maintain a database of all teacher members for the public.
- To disseminate information on evidence based MBIs to the public and other interested parties.
- To liaise with health providers, other professional bodies and health insurance companies, to raise the profile of evidence based MBIs in mainstream health and to promote the purpose and objectives of MTAI
- To form links with national and international professional bodies, to keep abreast of and participate in new developments in Mindfulness Based Approaches.
- To provide and support continuing professional development for members with regular retreats and training