1 - year fixed term contract
The Mindfulness Teachers Association of Ireland (MTAI) was established in 2018 and is the professional body representing qualified mindfulness teachers.
Our vision is:
- To be the leading professional association for mindfulness teachers in Ireland.
- To be the national hub where the general public can:
(i) Source high-quality certified mindfulness teachers;
(ii) Access safe, effective and evidence-based mindfulness programmes; and
(iii) Identify teacher training pathways which uphold the integrity of mindfulness.
- To be a supportive community for MTAI members.
The MTAI is governed by a board of voluntary directors and represents almost 300 mindfulness teachers and student teachers across Ireland. The MTAI also has a number of special interest groups, led by individual MTAI members, to explore ways in which mindfulness can be developed further nationally and internationally.
We Are Hiring!
The MTAI is looking for a part-time contractor: Development Coordinator.
See below for full details.
As a part-time Development Coordinator you will be responsible for the day-to-day administration and coordination of the MTAI. You will also support the development of the MTAI so that it becomes a supportive community for MTAI members.
The position requires a range of skills: administrative, organisational, digital, and creative. The successful contractor enjoys autonomy, knows how to use their time effectively and produces high quality work.
The contract is virtual and part-time, which allows you to work from anywhere with flexibility.
Key tasks include
1. MTAI Community
To build and support the ever-growing MTAI community of members. This includes responding to queries, managing membership applications and the MTAI members database
Working closely with the MTAI Board, to identify ways in which the MTAI community can be nurtured and developed.
To organise and coordinate MTAI events (in-person and online) with the support of Board members
To host MTAI zoom calls and other on-line events where practical
Using various channels, communicate with the general public and MTAI members as appropriate – i.e. social media and PR (press releases; advertorials etc), traditional advertising routes (print, leaflets etc) and digital – web marketing, SEO and SEM
To assist with the development of a communications strategy and MTAI brand guidelines
4. Overall administration of the MTAI
To manage the MTAI email account(s) and calendar of events
To attend MTAI Board meetings (usually on zoom every month) and record and circulate minutes
To manage the follow-up correspondence arising from workshops and retreats e.g. CPD Certs
5. MTAI Special Interest Groups
To support the establishment of MTAI special interest groups & ensure proactive communication across the MTAI.
6. Website content administration
To liaise with the MTAI website designer to ensure the website is updated with new events and content
To coordinate and publish the MTAI newsletter every three months
8. Video and audio editing
Editing audio and video content may be required in the future
Requirements: We would love to hear from you if you…
- are a great communicator and enjoy interacting with people and spot opportunities to connect the dots between projects
- thrive on organising and have excellent organisational skills
- are someone who works on their own initiative and is self-motivated, a natural problem solver with the ability to identify smart, efficient ways of working
- are proficient and creative in the digital space in particular Zoom, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- are both grounded and flexible
- are interested in mindfulness and understand what mindfulness is
- you have a dependable internet connection
Desirable but not essential
- mindfulness / compassion practice experience
- video editing skills
Contract Period: 12 months
Contract Hours: 16 hrs per week. At times this may involve weekend meetings/ events.
Remuneration: €30 per hour
Closing date for applications: 5pm, Friday 7 October 2022
Interview: The morning of Monday 17 October online via zoom
Start Date: Ideally November 2022 but the start date is flexible
Please email a cover letter and a CV (3 pages max) to Barry Lee, MTAI Board Chair at email [email protected]
In the cover letter, please outline (a) why you are interested in this role and (b) how your skills and experience meet the role description
If you have any queries, you are welcome to contact Barry Lee at
We look forward to hearing from you!